Strategy, Anaylsis & Evaluation (SAE)
Dr Michael Marck joined the department in October 2002 as a visiting lecturer and a PhD researcher. Prior to this he was a part time lecturer at the University of Calgary and Mount Royal College, both in Calgary, Canada. Michael published his PhD in May, 2008 which investigated loyalty within the B2B Services Market and the role of the Salesperson as a ‘boundary spanner’ and their role in building client loyalty.
Dr. Marck has over twenty years of full-time work experience at the senior director level for both private and public companies which include Canada Post Corporation, Bell Canada, Rogers AT&T and Group Telecom. He is noted for his labour relations experiences and negotiation skills while employed with Canada Post. Michael was the faculty's Director of EMAC 2003, Corporate Liaison.
In October 2005, Michael began a full-time Teaching Fellow at Strathclyde and was promoted to Lecturer, July 2008. He graduated from the University of Calgary with an MBA (1997) and formerly from the University of Western Ontario with a BA in Economics.
B2B Services and Networks - focusing on the constructs to establish and maintain B2B relationships and networks. Research factors include trust, commitment, loyalty and switching behaviours.Sales Management – salesperson’s role as a boundary spanner and building trust; how B2B networks are used to increase sales activities.
- May, June 2008: Michael will be in Calgary and Toronto Canada collecting research data for studies relating to: investigating how the the economic downturn has affected the role of the salesperson; investigating how trust is formed and broken between the buyer and salesperson within B2B Relationships, and; extending previous research on B2B switching behaviours.
- Created a public awareness program for the Canadian Red Cross (August 2005).
- Worked extensively with the Canadian Association of Optometrists to develop and implement their IMC Strategy - Integrated Marketing Communication (2003-2004).
- A member of the Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society and a Board Member of Luxury Motor Coach International.
Books (inc. chapters in books)
- Marck, M. & Saren, M. (2005), Marketing Graffiti, Butterworth Heinemann.
- Caemmerer, B., Centeno, E., Marck, M. J. (2009) 'The development of Internal Trust In Service Branding’; World Marketing Congress, July, 2009, Oslo School of Management
- Marck, M. J.; E. Leishman (2009) ‘Using Business Networks To Bolster Business Development and Sales’ Academy of Marketing Conference, July, 2009, Leeds, UK.
- Marck, M.J. (2009) ‘The Salesperson’s Role in Preventing Client Switching’ International Sales Management Conference, April 2009, University of Houston
- Marck, M.J. (2009) ‘Strategies for Powerful Sales Presentations’ National Conference in Sales Management, March 2009, Norfolk, Virginia
- Marck, M.J. (2008) ‘Key Account Manager’s Role in Establishing Trust’ Global Sales Science Institute Conference, June 2008, Athens, Greece
- Marck, M.J. (2008) ‘Switching Behaviours in the B2B Service Sector – A Triadic Approach’ EMAC, Brighton, UK
- Marck, M.J. (2007) ‘Building B2B Relational Sales Strategies with Team Selling and Trust’ Academy of Marketing, Kingston University, London UK
- Marck,M. J.; (2006) 'Characteristics of B2B Service Relationships and how Commitment and Trust Influence Switching' Academy of Marketing, July, 2006, London, UK.
- Marck, M. (2002) Keynote Speaker, Alberta HRM Conference, Calgary, Canada.